9.13.2008

A Meadows' Legacy

My grandparents, Lee and Jean Meadows, have lived an incredible life. I have been entertained on many occasions listening to the various stories from their past. I have often bragged to others that my grandparents have the most interesting family history. When we were out in CA about a month ago, I had the privilege of spending an hour with my grandparents and catching up on life. Brian was able to snap a few photos of the visit, and I think they perfectly portray the strength, humor, and romance of this couple. (By the way these are unedited, but due to Brian's heavy homework schedule he just hasn't had the time to fuss with these photos. They are still amazing!)



A classic shot of granddaugther and grandparents. Have I mentioned I am named after my grandma? (My middle name is Jean.) I love this expression on my grandpa (affectionately called "Baca" by my sister and I). Can you tell that he was a career marine?



I wish I could explain how hard I was laughing in this photo. In order to achieve a more natural smile, Baca always start laughing when getting his picture taken. It just cracks me up!



Over 60 years of marriage and they've still got it!



I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. Does it get any better than this? I only hope someday my grandchildren will have a picture of Brian and I that looks like this!

To my dear grandparents - I love you both so much and am so thankful you took the time to let us come visit you. You have been such an example to me in living a full life, being generous, loving your family, loving each other, striving through hard times, and remaining faithful to God through it all. I love you!!

3 comments:

Kirra said...

how precious!

Rochelle said...

That's so sweet! Thanks for sharing this along with the great pics!

Leah said...

Yay, cute photos! I love our grandparents! :)